I haven't blogged in like ages. Well, what can I say? It just hasn't been the most inspiring and happening days of my life. Another year comes to an end in two days and that makes me unusually reflective. What did I gain/lose this year? What is still the same? Here is a generic list.
- I still lack focus.
- I became a graduate
- I've become more mature in my outlook of things. (Sadly, I am the only person who agrees with me on that one!)
- I have stopped speaking to a friend whom I knew for the past 18 years. Such is the result of some bad choices.
- I still haven't figured out that one thing I have a passion for and want to do for the rest of my life. (I have a deep inherent fear that I never will!!)
- I realized guys are not the only ones who are scared of commitments and have issues with marriage. I was recently asked by my family if I was interested in marrying a certain dude they thought was purrrfect for me!! To say that it was one of the scariest moments of my life, is putting it mildly.
- I've become more impatient than before. (And here I thought people become calmer as they age!)
- I have actually finished two knitting projects (a purse and a headband) which is a big thing for me because earlier, I used to take years to finish even the simplest projects.
- My cooking has seriously improved. Now what I cook is at least edible.
- I have started reading newspapers, something which I used to absolutely hate doing earlier.
- I've figured out that gardening is not as loathsome as I'd portrayed it to be, It can actually be fun.
- One of my first ambitions was to be a painter (and not the artistic kind!) I finally did it. I painted a gate and couple of the walls in my house. It isn't as fulfilling as I thought it would have been. But it was fun while it lasted.
- I still have a short attention span, i.e. I may find something absolutely fascinating for like 5 days and then I forget all about it.
- I realized the whole 'Best Friends Forever' thing from college and school days doesn't really last. Most often than not it would just fizzle out and die if it weren't for Facebook, Twitter, etc
- I also realized that my friends from college/ school are the best people I ever hung out with. Given a choice, I'd definitely chose them over the ones I made later (no offense intended!). Its probably the innocence but as we grow older we tend to grow more cynical and that ruins the actual essence of it.
- I miss my school days more than my college days.
- Well, I can't think of much else.
Hoping that the new year brings lots of joy and cheer to me and to everyone I know. Keep smiling, folks! :) :)
3 comments:
:) have a prosperous new year friend..
Thank u. You too. :)
I don’t skills ought to I provide you with thanks! i'm altogether shocked by your article. You saved my time. Thanks 1,000,000 for sharing this text.
Post a Comment