Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Shopping time!! :|

Shopping!! Every girl's stress reliever.. apparently!! I've got countless friends myself who can undoubtedly vouch for the same. They say shopping is like the one thing which can get them outta depression in a matter of minutes!! :o

Now, in my day, I've heard stories about chocolate acting as an anti-depressant. Well, THAT I can agree on.. Duh!! :D But shopping?? Seriously?? I find that very hard to believe. I find it such an absolute trauma to go to a shop with people and browse through countless stuff bearing n different labels. And I'm not even gong to start on the trial room horrors! Now THAT would be my idea of an absolute stress-filled day.

When and IF I go shopping, its mostly by myself and only when it becomes absolutely necessary (necessary being translated as, my clothes literally look like rags picked up from the roadside and my family and friends absolutely refuse to be seen with me!!). And I'd certainly never buy the 5000 buck wedges because they look elegant on my feet!!!

And nope, this is not because I'm cheap.. (which I'm not, btw.. I'm just thrifty.. hehehe fer Russell Peter fans!! :D), its more because I can find a hundred and one more effective ways to spend my time which doesn't involve ineffectual nodding and smiling at blur of colors, all the while thinking about when I can get outta there!!

Anyways.. all this pointless ranting and raving was the result of getting to know that I have to accompany some 'people' on a sari shopping trip in the coming week! Someone just kill me now!!!!

Disclaimer: No offense to the above mentioned 'people' or any of my friends who I have ever gone shopping with! I DID enjoy it then.. seriously!!!


3 comments:

Lisa's Yarns said...

I also prefer to go shopping by myself. I get kind of ADD in a store, so I need to get what I need, and get out of there fast. There is really only one friend that I enjoy shopping with!

I do believe in the retail therapy of buying books, though! That will pull me out of a funky mood any time!!

♥ Braja said...

I've seen Russell Peter :))

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious said...

@Lisa - ahh.. shopping for books.. utter bliss.. Thtz the only time my friends wholeheartedly leave me alone cz I end up spending hours n hours in the bookshop!! :)

@Braja - He's awesomely funny, isn't he?